Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

sb56637
Hi, I just broke an important appliance by adding this repo:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

After adding it, the appliance says "Error retrieving status information", and I can't modify it. Can an admin please remove that repository or somehow reset my appliance so I can recover it?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

john doe
 HI

 To remove a repository in SuseStudio.
Under the software tab, Your added repositories are listed under sources.
Hover your mouse over the repository you wish to remove.
Tick the x to remove it.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

sb56637
Hi there, I know how to remove repos, but as I said, this particular repo breaks the entire appliance, and the SuseStudio interface stops working.

If you want to see what I mean, try adding that repo to a ****TEST**** appliance, and ***DON'T*** add it to an appliance you want to keep.

This is the second time I've had this happen to me:
http://suse-studio-users.1598176.n2.nabble.com/quot-Error-retrieving-status-information-quot-unable-to-modify-or-create-new-builds-td7579707.html

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

john doe
  HI
I now see what you are trying to say.
A good way to put it would be to say. "adding KDE:EXTRA (Tumbleweed) repo nukes appliance".
I was able to find the repo in the search function, after un-ticking Exclude incompatible repositories function.
I was able to click the remove. It went through the motions but it didn't refresh.
Its safe to say that Tumble weed doesn't play nice with Leap.
I am still working on pulling the appliance back without re-cloning.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

sb56637
It's not because it's a Tumbleweed repo. I have 8 different Tumbleweed appliances that I maintain, and they work fine. It's just something about a few repos that breaks SuseStudio. And you won't be able to repair your appliance, I hope it wasn't a good one! Even cloning it doesn't fix it, as the clone has the same repo that broke the first one. You have to start over from scratch, which is why this is such a big deal.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

john doe
 It was one of my appliances that I added the repo to. It was leap based.

I was able to re clone it from the locked published version.
I didnt try the kiwi, but I am pretty sure I can get it back to.

 I still havn' t given up hope on getting the original back yet.
Where I did find the repo to delete it. For some reason it just won't delete.
Tride several times. With several different Browsers.
Because  in the past I have had issues with some funtions only working in some browsers.
It does need to be adressed by Suse Studio though.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

Lietukas
I also has similar problem several times, and I solved in terminal.
At first you need API key. You can find/generate API key in
https://susestudio.com/user/account#/api-hooks

Then you can find list of repositories for particulat appliance by executing:
curl -u <USER>:<KEY> "https://susestudio.com/api/v2/user/appliances/<APPLIANCE_ID>/repositories"
where
<USER> is your login name,
<KEY> is API key, and
<APPLIANCE_ID> is appliance number displayed as number in URL, that you see while you edit appliance in browser, e.g. https://susestudio.com/appliance/edit/<ID>

Finally you can find repository ID (number), and remove it:
curl -u <USER>:<KEY> -XPOST "https://susestudio.com/api/v2/user/appliances/<APPLIANCE_ID>/cmd/remove_repository?repo_id=<REPO_ID>"

more information:
https://susestudio.com/help/api/using_api_with_curl.html
https://susestudio.com/help/api/v2/repositories.html

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

sb56637
Hi Lietukas, thanks a lot for the reply. The first time this happened to me I did try it via the SuseStudio command line client (https://github.com/susestudio/ssc) which also failed to modify the appliance. But it looks like your method is different, I'll be sure to try it the next time I break an appliance.

 Your solution worked for me.

Re: Adding KDE:Extra repo irreparably breaks appliance!

fastcom
Thanks! You saved my appliance!