Greeted with "no startx installed" in opensuse

Greeted with "no startx installed" in opensuse

inparsian
When I just installed OpenSuse 11 SP4 and type "startx", I get greeted with this message:
"No startx installed"

Please help!!!

Re: Greeted with "no startx installed" in opensuse

john doe
  HI

 startx is part of the xinit pkg.

Make sure that it is installed.

Re: Greeted with "no startx installed" in opensuse

inparsian
xinit doesn't show up in the packages list

Re: Greeted with "no startx installed" in opensuse

john doe
  Hi

Sorry my bad.
I was thinking that the startx pkg would be in the same in 11.4 as in Leap.
After looking around in the 11.4 repo. I found the startx command is part of the xorg-x11 rpm.

 I dont know how much longer the 11.4 repo will be available.
I would consider an upgrade in the near future. To at least to 13.2.
It would run fine on anything that you are currently running 11.4 on.

Hope you get up and running soon.