Help with installer!

nano (Space OS Company)
I realized Yast2 is no longer compatible with openSUSE on SuSE Studio. I tried Calamares, and it worked, but it did not run when I opened it in my appliance (Space OS). Can somebody suggest a Linux installer for my appliance? BTW, it runs LXfce, made by Jon, who is the creator of Alteratio.

Re: Help with installer!

Lietukas
2017.04.25 17:19, nano (Space OS Company) rašė:
> I realized Yast2 is no longer compatible with openSUSE on SuSE Studio. I
> tried Calamares, and it worked, but it did not run when I opened it in my
> appliance (Space OS). Can somebody suggest a Linux installer for my
> appliance? BTW, it runs LXfce, made by Jon, who is the creator of Alteratio.

Hi,

You should check different builds/versions of calamares. Some has
better, some poorer configurations, some has optimized for particular
appliance.

Search in http://software.opensuse.org/package/calamares

Press triangular to see list of packages for particular openSUSE
version, press „show unstable packages“ to list non-official builds.

Here you see (replace * with Leap_42.2 or Tumbleweed) for example:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/embar-:/calamares/openSUSE_*
– is generic, should work will most appliances.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:embar-:Lietukas/openSUSE_*
– is adopted for needs by Lietukas appliance.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:sb56637:calamares/openSUSE_*
– used in GeckoLinux appliance.

Note, for installation you must add full repository, because Calamares
requires specific dependencies.

After installation you can also modify these files to adopt installer
for your needs:

/usr/share/calamares/settings.conf
/usr/share/calamares/modules/*.conf
/usr/share/calamares/branding/default/branding.desc

You can replace original files with your modifited in your SUSE Studio
appliance at "Files" tab as overlay.

--
Regards