Is there any way to use gdm, without having the entire gnome desktop?

Is there any way to use gdm, without having the entire gnome desktop?

Modern Software
This post was updated on .
I am making a system, and love the interface of gdm, but I am using my own Desktop Environment. Is it possible to use gdm without gnome? (or kdm without kde)

Also, I am having major issues with plymouth. No bootsplash at all. The plymouth packages in my system are: plymouth, plymouth-plugin-fade-throbber, plymouth-theme-fade-in, and anything that is there out of requirement.
Modern Software Team
The makers of Modern X

Re: Is there any way to use gdm, without having the entire gnome desktop?

nano (Space OS Company)
Yes. It is an easy process. All you need to do is to download the packages "gdm", or "kdm", and you will just get GDM or KDM. And in order to set the default display manager, go into Configuration > Scripts, then select "Run script at the end of the build", then type this in the text box in the bottom without removing anything:

baseUpdateSysConfig /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager DISPLAYMANAGER gdm

and for KDM:

baseUpdateSysConfig /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager DISPLAYMANAGER kdm

Also, if there is a "end 0" command, put the display manager command on top of the "end 0" command. Hope this helps!