NO PHP on SLES12 SP1 Studio?

asonnenberg
Our product runs on an appliance. For years I have built that appliance using
VMware Studio (SLES9, SLES10 and SLES11). I have had no luck using it to
build a SLES12 appliance.

I am starting to play around with SUSE Studio to build 'our appliance' on
SLES12 SP1. On SLES 11 the appliance uses packages php53, but I cannot find
php in SUSE Studio, I only see php5-devel. Selecting that give an error:

Nothing provides package php5 = 5.5.14 which is needed by package php5-devel
Remove php5-devel

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Alan

Re: NO PHP on SLES12 SP1 Studio?

Andreas Jaeger
On 2016-10-05 14:04, asonnenberg wrote:
> Our product runs on an appliance. For years I have built that appliance using
> VMware Studio (SLES9, SLES10 and SLES11). I have had no luck using it to
> build a SLES12 appliance.

> I am starting to play around with SUSE Studio to build 'our appliance' on
> SLES12 SP1. On SLES 11 the appliance uses packages php53, but I cannot find
> php in SUSE Studio, I only see php5-devel. Selecting that give an error:
>
> Nothing provides package php5 = 5.5.14 which is needed by package php5-devel
> Remove php5-devel

PHP is part of the Web and SCripting Module, you need to add it to your
appliance as package source,

Andreas

> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: NO PHP on SLES12 SP1 Studio?

asonnenberg
I have now learned more about SLES 12 packaging, thanks.

Is there a way to do this in the Studio build?

My guess is no, as I need to register an appliance to access that repository, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks
Alan