No live installer in my appliance..what am I missing?

No live installer in my appliance..what am I missing?

Moltke
Hi, everyone! I recently created my first appliance with suse studio and everything goes fine except for the fact that I can't find live installer, so I can Install it in the HDD, well, actually I'm running it inside a VM. I can get to the desktop, live mode runs just fine, but I'm stuck there. This is the software I picked:
branding-openSUSE, e2fsprogs, glade3-catalog-libxfce4ui, glibc, glibc-locale, grub, grub2, gsettings-backend-dconf, gtk-xfce-engine, gtk-xfce-engine-32bit, iputils, kernel-default, liblightdm-gobject-1-0, liblightdm-qt-3-0, liblightdm-qt5-3-0, libxfce4panel-1_0-4, libxfce4panel-2_0-4, libxfce4ui-1-0, libxfce4ui-2-0, libxfce4ui-branding-openSUSE, libxfce4ui-devel, libxfce4ui-doc, libxfce4ui-lang, libxfce4ui-tools, libxfce4util7, libxfce4util-devel, libxfce4util-lang, libxfce4util-tools, lightdm, lightdm-gobject-devel, lightdm-gtk-greeter, lightdm-gtk-greeter-branding-openSUSE, lightdm-gtk-greeter-lang, lightdm-kde-greeter, lightdm-kde-greeter-lang, lightdm-lang, lightdm-qt5-devel, lightdm-qt-devel, openSUSE-xfce-icon-theme, patterns-openSUSE-base, patterns-openSUSE-xfce, patterns-openSUSE-xfce_basis, patterns-openSUSE-xfce_laptop, patterns-openSUSE-xfce_office, plymouth, syslog-ng, timezone, typelib-1_0-LightDM-1, vim, x11-video-nvidiaG02, xfce4-appfinder, xfce4-appfinder-lang, xfce4-dev-tools, xfce4-dict, xfce4-dict-lang, xfce4-icon-theme, xfce4-mixer, xfce4-mixer-lang, xfce4-notifyd, xfce4-notifyd-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-notifyd-lang, xfce4-panel, xfce4-panel-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-panel-devel, xfce4-panel-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-battery, xfce4-panel-plugin-battery-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-clipman, xfce4-panel-plugin-clipman-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-cpufreq, xfce4-panel-plugin-cpufreq-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-cpugraph, xfce4-panel-plugin-cpugraph-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-datetime, xfce4-panel-plugin-datetime-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-dict, xfce4-panel-plugin-diskperf, xfce4-panel-plugin-diskperf-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-eyes, xfce4-panel-plugin-eyes-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-fsguard, xfce4-panel-plugin-fsguard-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-genmon, xfce4-panel-plugin-genmon-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-mailwatch, xfce4-panel-plugin-mailwatch-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-mixer, xfce4-panel-plugin-mount, xfce4-panel-plugin-mount-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-mpc, xfce4-panel-plugin-mpc-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-multiload-nandhp, xfce4-panel-plugin-netload, xfce4-panel-plugin-netload-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-netspeed, xfce4-panel-plugin-notes, xfce4-panel-plugin-notes-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-places, xfce4-panel-plugin-places-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-power-manager, xfce4-panel-plugin-pulseaudio, xfce4-panel-plugin-screenshooter, xfce4-panel-plugin-sensors, xfce4-panel-plugin-sensors-devel, xfce4-panel-plugin-sensors-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-smartbookmark, xfce4-panel-plugin-smartbookmark-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-sntray, xfce4-panel-plugin-systemload, xfce4-panel-plugin-systemload-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-timeout, xfce4-panel-plugin-timeout-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-timer, xfce4-panel-plugin-timer-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-verve, xfce4-panel-plugin-verve-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-wavelan, xfce4-panel-plugin-wavelan-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-weather, xfce4-panel-plugin-weather-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-whiskermenu, xfce4-panel-plugin-whiskermenu-lang, xfce4-panel-plugin-xkb, xfce4-panel-plugin-xkb-lang, xfce4-power-manager, xfce4-power-manager-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-power-manager-lang, xfce4-screenshooter, xfce4-screenshooter-lang, xfce4-session, xfce4-session-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-session-devel, xfce4-session-lang, xfce4-settings, xfce4-settings-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-settings-lang, xfce4-splash-branding-openSUSE, xfce4-taskmanager, xfce4-taskmanager-lang, xfce4-terminal, xfce4-terminal-lang, xfce4-vala, xfce4-volumed, yast2-live-installer, zypper. As you can see yast2-live-installer is there..so, what am I missing here? Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Re: No live installer in my appliance..what am I missing?

genatha

Re: No live installer in my appliance..what am I missing?

DocB
Moltke wrote
.... As you can see yast2-live-installer is there..so, what am I missing here? Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!
There was a recent discussion here on the forum that live-installer is depreciated.
It was mentioned that calamares Installer should work (I havent tested). It is available on the build service, see: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Dremor:calamares/calamares
Please check the forum

Re: No live installer in my appliance..what am I missing?

Moltke
DocB wrote
Moltke wrote
.... As you can see yast2-live-installer is there..so, what am I missing here? Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!
There was a recent discussion here on the forum that live-installer is depreciated.
It was mentioned that calamares Installer should work (I haven't tested). It is available on the build service, see: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Dremor:calamares/calamares
Please check the forum
Hi! Thanks for your answer. I did check the forum before posting and yes, I'd read that post, but it also said, unless I have misread the whole thing, which I might have, that live-installer could still be used. Thank you for the calamares link cause I couldn't find it anywhere. I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks again!