[SOLUTION] For the "Connection Timed Out..." Problem

[SOLUTION] For the "Connection Timed Out..." Problem

Levick
I was searching for help in this forum but I wasn't able to find a complete solution for this problem, so, by experimenting, I got a really easy one:

*Please note that it only works on Windows*

Steps to get done:

-First, have a Windows Machine available. if you only use Linux or Mac OS you can use Virtualbox or VMware Player for this propuse, there are a lot of Windows ISO's out there, maybe a friend of yours have an installation CD.

-Second, Stop the firewall of your Modem/Router (Totally Turned Off) and Also turn Off the Windows Firewall totally

-Third, Install the lastest version of Google Chrome in the Windows Machine

-Fourth, Reboot both the machine and the modem/router (First the modem/router, then the PC, If you're running a virtual machine, reboot ALL, even the real PC)

Finally, you enter susestudio.com in google chrome and like magic, you're running testdrive without a problem.

Notes: Google Chrome comes with Flash Player pre-installed, but in case you have problems, download both the "Others" and "IE" Versions of the plugin from adobe and install them in the windows machine, you have to use the lastest ones.

When you're finished with testdrive, Turn On your firewalls :)

And that's it

Thanks!

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6

Re: [SOLUTION] For the "Connection Timed Out..." Problem

James T.
Administrator
Hi Levick,

On 08/24/2010 03:17 AM, Levick wrote:
> I was searching for help in this forum but I wasn't able to find a complete
> solution for this problem, so, by experimenting, I got a really easy one:
>
> *Please note that it only works on Windows*

Thanks for sharing your solution! Odd that you only managed to get
Testdrive to work in a Windows VM, but I'm glad that you found a usable
workaround.

We routinely run and test susestudio.com from a variety of locations
worldwide on a range of browsers (eg. Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet
Explorer, Safari) and operating systems (eg. Linux, Windows, Mac).

Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce this particular
Testdrive connection issue. What browser and base operating system are
you using? We had reports that Google Chrome works best for users
experiencing this problem.

Regards,
James T.

> Steps to get done:
>
> -First, have a Windows Machine available. if you only use Linux or Mac OS
> you can use Virtualbox or VMware Player for this propuse, there are a lot of
> Windows ISO's out there, maybe a friend of yours have an installation CD.
>
> -Second, Stop the firewall of your Modem/Router (Totally Turned Off) and
> Also turn Off the Windows Firewall totally
>
> -Third, Install the lastest version of Google Chrome in the Windows Machine
>
> -Fourth, Reboot both the machine and the modem/router (First the
> modem/router, then the PC, If you're running a virtual machine, reboot ALL,
> even the real PC)
>
> Finally, you enter susestudio.com in google chrome and like magic, you're
> running testdrive without a problem.
>
> Notes: Google Chrome comes with Flash Player pre-installed, but in case you
> have problems, download both the "Others" and "IE" Versions of the plugin
> from adobe and install them in the windows machine, you have to use the
> lastest ones.
>
> When you're finished with testdrive, Turn On your firewalls :)
>
> And that's it
>
> Thanks!

Re: [SOLUTION] For the "Connection Timed Out..." Problem

dennyhalim.com
i Always have connection time out error with my linux (fedora 13 and opensuse11.3) running firefox.
everything latest from repo.

but, even after connection time out error, after few seconds, the testdrive still runs fine.
sometimes it slow and sometimes the scrolling text messed up.
otherwise, all runs ok.